ReformTech develops a unique catlytic heater technology that provides customers with a clean thermal heater with high fuel efficiency.
The ReformTech heaters can be utilized in both automotive applications for engine/compartment heating, battry pre-heating, heating in mobile homes as well as for other commercial and military applications where efficiency, signature and environmental impacts are vital to the user. The heater technology which is based upon Reformtechs catalytic fuel processing platform is cost efficient alternative to the conventional heaters the market. The heaters are fuel flexible and can be customized to a customer's specific demands. The clean heater is currently available up to 50 kWth. ReformTech's fuel driven heaters have a flame free catalytic combustion with many advantages:
- higher efficiency (+90%)
- very low dangerous emissions (CO, NOx, particle matters and reduced CO2)
- multifuel platform compatible with both renewable and fossil fuels, such as gasoline, diesel, and other common fuels (most prior attempts with catalytic heaters runs only on propane gas)
- directionally controllable heat radiation
- low cost and robust performance
The achievement of a zero emissions system is possible if water is the only emission from the combustion process. This can only be achieved when burning pure hydrogen. It is however possible to completely eliminate the emission of poisonous chemicals by replacing the conventional heater with a catalytic heater from ReformTech ReformTech has designed a unique set of catalytic burners with high thermal efficiency and zero emission of carbon monoxide (CO) and nitrous oxides (NOx). The heaters are equipped with an innovative start-up design which allows the user with instant heat from the burner. The catalytic heaters are available for most logistical fuels (including gasoline, diesel, natural gas and propane). The ReformTech heaters can be utilized in both automotive applications for engine/compartment heating, heating in mobile homes as well as for other commercial and military applications where efficiency, signature and environmental impacts are vital to the user.
The heaters are equipped with an innovative reactor- and start-up design which allows the user with instant heat from the burner, and they are available for most logistical fuels (including gasoline, diesel, bio-diesel, natural gas and propane).
Common application areas include:
• Compartment heating
• Parking heater (arrive to your car already heated with no need to defrost windows)
• Emissions reduction through lower heater emissions
• Emissions reduction through rapid and clean heat up of catalysts in exhaust treatment systems
• Battery pre-heating & thermal management for cold-starts and continuous operation in cold weather
• Key component in total Thermal Management system, to meet current and future emission standards
- ReformTech closing an investment round of 30 million SEK
- ReformTech and Juno Capital has today signed an agreement to start commercial development in China
- ReformTech and Autocom starts German Joint Venture and invests 5m€ to build operations
- ReformTech has been awarded as the Top Cleantech company at the Nordic Venture Forum in Copenhagen
- ReformTech recognised as the Rising Star 2012 by Deloitte